In this healthy recipe the protagonists are the little ones of the house.
Let’s get going!
Family breakfast is one of the moments we can enjoy during quarantine. The fact that children put their hands in the dough and have fun cooking is another way to play. We also stimulate your creativity. And one more advantage, involving the kids in the kitchen encourages them to choose healthier foods.
One way for children to eat fruit are these pancakes, which are also great for them to pick up the rods and start mixing:
Whole banana and coconut pancakes
Ingredients (for 8 small pancakes)
– 1 egg
– 1 ripe banana
– 200 ml of coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
– 100 g of wholemeal flour
– 30 g of grated coconut
– 5 pitted dates
– Crush the banana with the help of a fork. Choose the most mature fruit bowl. If these days the purchase has gotten out of hand and there are fruits that are starting to run out, don’t throw them away. Use them to naturally sweeten your pancakes.
– We incorporate the egg, the coconut milk and the finely chopped dates. We mix very well with the help of some rods.
– We add the whole flour, the grated coconut and the chemical yeast. In many pastry recipes, flour is sifted. In this case we will not do it since, being integral, part of the bran would remain in the sieve or strainer and we would lose a lot of fiber.
– We finish integrating everything and pour the mixture, ladle by ladle, in a non-stick frying pan greased with a little olive oil. Ideally, pancakes should not be too large. In this way, we will serve two pancakes, but we will eat the quantity of a large one. It is a great way to control your intake.
– The trick to make them look perfect is to make them over medium low heat. We accompany them with more fruit and grated coconut, visually similar to icing sugar and notoriously healthier.